Learn When Is The Best Time To Post On Instagram – Complete Guide and Industry Breakdwon
Table of Contents
There was a time when posting on social media didn’t require pre-planning. The concept of finding the right time to post on Instagram was also non-existent. Today, with the presence of tools like Instagram insights, there is much more to posting online.
It’s not just creative, engaging content that gets you new followers. You also need to carefully plan, curate your content and determine the best time for posting it. Now, there is an Instagram algorithm that determines your visibility.
Posting at the right time is one of the most effective ways to outsmart the Instagram algorithm. So, how can you find out the ideal time to post? Don’t fret. We have the ultimate guide to help you figure out the best times to post on Instagram. Keep reading to get all the scoop about it.
What is the best day to post on Instagram?
The best time to post generally varies for every Instagram account, depending on their location and time zone. However, it was found that some timings are universally associated with increased engagement.
LaterBlog conducted a test on 12 million posts from different time zones across the world to find out if there are any best Instagram posting times. And these were the results:
- Monday: 6 am, 10 am, and 10 pm EST
- Tuesday: 2 am, 4 am, and 9 am EST
- Wednesday: 7 am, 8 am and 11 pm EST
- Thursday: 9 am, 12 pm, and 7 pm EST
- Friday: 5 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm EST
- Saturday: 11 am, 7 pm, and 8 pm EST
- Sunday: 7am, 8am, and 4pm EST
Best Time to Post on Instagram According to Industry
There are a number of factors to consider while you figure out prime Instagram posting time. Your ideal posting time would also vary according to the industry you’re in. If you’re trying to increase your account’s engagement, you may want to alter posting times based on this factor. According to research conducted by Sprout Social, these are the best times to post for each of the following industries:
As we all know, Instagram has turned into a hub for shopping. So, brands can really benefit from understanding their audience’s online patterns. If you belong to the retail industry, these are the best and worst times and days for posting on Instagram:
- Best day to post: Wednesday.
- Best time to post on Instagram: 3 pm, Wednesday afternoon; 11 am to 12 pm, Friday midday.
- Worst day to post: Sunday, as most people are busy during the weekend and don’t use social media much.
- Lowest engagement time: Early Mornings ; Late Night, as most people are asleep.
Media and Entertainment
For people in the media and entertainment industry, there are particular times when posts will stand out more:
- Best time to post on Instagram: 9 am, Friday morning.
- Best days for engagement: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during work hours.
- Worst days for engagement: Saturday and Sunday, as most people are enjoying real life and don’t have time for social media.
When it comes to the tech industry, the peak universal times often vary. However, these are some of the best times you can post for maximum engagement:
- Best time: 6 am or 9 am Wednesday morning.
- Best time to post: Wednesday mid-morning, 10-11 am, Friday morning, 7-10 am ; Saturday morning, 7-11 am.
- Worst day to post: Sunday.
Schools and colleges are increasingly creating an online presence using Instagram tools. They can also the platform to share important updates with their students and teachers. Generally, the best time to post on Instagram for those in the education industry are as follows:
- Best time to post on Instagram: 10 am, Friday mornings.
- Highest engagement days: Wednesday ; Friday mid-morning and Saturday nights.
- Worst engagement days: Sunday.
Non-profitNon-profits can greatly benefit from having a good Instagram strategy. These are the best posting times for Instagram accounts of this industry:
- Best time to post on Instagram: 2 pm, Wednesday.
- Highest Engagement Day: Wednesday, 1 to 4 pm.
- Worst Days for Engagement: Saturday and Sundays.
Food and Beverage
Unsurprisingly, lunch hours are one of the best times for people to scroll through food pictures on Instagram. Keep reading to find out the ideal posting times if you are in the food and beverages industry:
- Best days to post on Instagram: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- Best times: Noon, as most people check their phones around lunchtime.
- Best days for engagement: Friday.
- Worst days for engagement: Saturday ; Sundays.
Early mornings are the best time for Instagram users in the professional services industry. Here are the details:
- Best time to post on Instagram: 9 am and 10 pm (any day).
- Best Days for Engagement: Weekdays, especially Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Worst Days for Engagement: Saturday ; Sundays.
If you’re in the healthcare space and are trying to be active on Instagram, these are the best times to post:
- Best time to post on Instagram: 8 am, Tuesday.
- Best days for engagement: Weekday, 9 am to 3 pm.
- Worst days for engagement: Saturday ; Sundays.
How can I Find My Personal Best Time to Post on Instagram
If you have an Instagram Business Account, you can use the Insights tool to find out when your followers are the most active. Plus, you can get plenty of information about your audience, including their location, age group, age, gender, and their most active and least active times on the app. Then, you can tailor your posting times accordingly.
You can get access to this savvy tool by switching to a business profile on Instagram. Then, all you have to do is go into the application settings and choose the option.
Most Popular Scheduling Tools
You can also use scheduling tools to help you with the best time to post on Instagram. These tools can monitor Instagram engagement and schedule posts in advance, making the process much easier.
One highly recommended tool for Instagram posting is Later. You can use it to find the ideal posting time according to your audience. This tool also has a feature known as ‘Best Time To Post’. It also shows you the times when you usually get maximum engagement.
Starting at $16 per month, you can get the Later business plan to make most of these features.
Sprout is another great option. After all, they have a dedicated data science team to gather information for their customers. This tool does not only show you the ideal posting times, but you can also use it to schedule and auto-post content. Thus, it truly adds value and convenience to the whole process.
Another budget-friendly tool to make social media posting a breeze is SocialBee. You can use it to share content on multiple platforms at the same time. You can also customize each post separately.
You also get features that let you recycle popular posts and expire time-sensitive content. You can even use a Canva integration to design your posts within the app. And of course, you can also create a schedule for posting content.
You can get a 14-day free trial to test out SocialBee and decide if it’s useful to you or your business.
Conclusion: Is timing really important for posting on Instagram?
One of the most important factors in running a successful social media strategy is timing. The time you post at determines how many people are seeing your content. And this actually has a direct relationship with your brand’s reach and engagement.